Canaletto-Haus (Am Markt 7)
Town-house dating back to the first half of the 16th century. A view of the gable was painted by Bernardo Bellotto (known as Canaletto) around 1752/55. His painting "The Market Square in Pirna" is one of the masterpieces of European vedute (landscape) painting. The name "Canaletto-Haus" became customary only after the building was immortalised in this painting. The building exhibits reproductions of Canaletto's paintings. However, the assumption that the painter lived in this house is not based on any historical fact.