Bereiche

Navigation

Inhalt

Town Hall (Am Markt 1-2)

First mentioned in records in 1396. Reconstructed in 1555/56 under the supervision of Wolf Blechschmidt. In 1822 and 1878, the building underwent major renovations. The pointed arches of windows and doors are characteristic of the Gothic period. From the first floor right up to the Dutch gables, the influence of the Renaissance period is evident. The delicate spire owes its shape to the Baroque period. Underneath the moon phase clock on the Eastern wall of the spire, you can watch the two lions (Pirna's heraldic animals) hitting the pear tree with their paws – the left lion every 15 minutes and the right lion on the hour. A sundial adorns the Southern wall. Between 1991 and 1997, the Town Hall received an extensive restoration.

Informationen

TSP


Visitor address:

Kultur- und Tourismus Pirna GmbH


TouristService
Am Markt 7 (Canaletto-Haus)
01796 Pirna
Tel. 03501 556446 
Tel. 03501 556447
Fax 03501 556449
touristservice@pirna.de


Opening times:

Mon – Fri 10:00 – 16:00
Sat/Sun 10:00 – 13:00
Eastern to October:
Mon – Fri 10:00 – 18:00
Sat/Sun 10:00 – 14:00


Principal Office:
Kultur- und Tourismus Pirna GmbH
Am Markt 7
01796 Pirna

bank account:
Ostsächsische Sparkasse Dresden
BLZ: 850 503 00
Kto-Nr.: 3 100 111 400

tax number:
210/112/03369

registered:
Amtsgericht Dresden
HRB 23792

chairman:
Klaus-Peter Hanke

director:
Christian Schmidt-Doll