Public library (Dohnaische Straße 76)
A Renaissance-style house incorporating older elements, such as a Romanesque cellar and a Gothic hall at the ground floor, is the home of the public library. The last major conversion was carried out between 1755 and 1770. A lion's head adorns the grand sandstone entrance with 18th century door leaves. Other astonishing features include the entrance hall, the inner court yard and the remains of the original city wall at the rear building.