Blechschmidthaus (Niedere Burgstraße 1)
This house was built in the middle of the 16th century on top of the remains of an older building from the 13th century. Features include the Dutch gables on the church yard-facing wall and the decorated recessed seats in the entrance doorway (with a portrait and the stone cutter's mark of W. Blechschmidt), dating back to the late Renaissance period. Master builder Wolf Blechschmidt lived here from 1544 to 1563 and carried out several conversions of the building. Other architectural features include the Gothic spiral staircase at the yard and a preserved painted beam ceiling from the Renaissance period on the first floor.